- According to the reporting by the Public Relations and International Affairs of the I.R.IRAN International Exhibitions Company:
Officials of Kazakhstan and the International Bureau of Exhibitions (BIE) have provided information and statistics on the "Astana Special Expo" that ended 93-days age which its summary is described below:
1. The number of visitors has reached to 3.8 million on this exhibition.
2. Over 115 countries and 22 major international organizations participated in this global fair. Also, 19 heads of state, 12 prime ministers and dozens of other ministers and other prominent officials visited the Expo.
3. The INTERNATIONAL EXPOSITON BUREAU Office, which issues the Expo License; awarded Kazakh President, Mr. Nazarbayev; the highest gold medal for helping to set up this successful EXPO. The Astana Expo National Company also received the MEDAL OF HONOUR, due to the great skill which has had in organizing this historic event and attracting a large number of participants.
4. 1,400 small and medium companies have also received some orders in about $ 1,900 million of goods and services.
5. 10,000 new job opportunities were expanded by the Expo 2017. More than 50,000 local laborers were cooperated on the executive activities associated with the construction of pavilions and booths. The constructive designs for some pavilions were done by 196 companies and institutions.
6. 140 inventors who have some innovations in the field of new or renewable energies have gained the opportunity to show their achievements in this expo.
7. The "NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVELER" magazine named the CITY OF THE FUTURE to the "Astana", because the infrastructure of this city can be used as a model for the future cities.
8. One of the new products that was offered in this expo was a refrigerator which is made in china that can be consumes less than half a kilowatt of electricity per day.
9. It took more than four years to build this exp, which was lasted three months. Investments for creating the infrastructure are not wasted because based on the Kazakh presidents order; the usage of the EXPO will be changed. The Astana International Center has been allowed to use Expo buildings and facilities as their new venue. This center will become the largest investment agency in Central Asia, Eurasia and the Transcaucasia, and will provide services to neighboring markets (such as Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Mongolia and the Caucasus countries). Companies that join the Astana International Financial Center can receive credits for import the raw materials, equipments and goods which are needed to implement the construction projects. Investments in the mentioned center will be exempt from tax for a period of 50 years. This center will play a role as a free zone, and the activists of this area will receive a special visa and exemption from currency restrictions & etc.
The Kazakhstan Stock Exchange, which currently operates in the "Almaty" (The ex capital city of Kazakhstan), will be stationed at the ex Expo place. The National Fund of Kazakhstan, where the surplus of oil revenues is stored; will be transferred to this place.
The London, Chicago & New York Stock Exchange and also the NASDAQ Stock Market have been negotiated to establish the branches at the Astana International Financial Center.
10. The "Green Technology Development and Investment Center" will start its activities in the previous place of the Expo at the end of this year and will launch programs to achieve to the sustainable development goals to support and development the green technologies.
The World Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the European Investment Bank and the Global Environment Facility organization are expected to announce their support from the Green Technology Development and Investment Center of the Kazakhstan.
The Green Technology Development and Investment Center hopes to invite experts and specialists from the Caspian region, including Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Iran, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Mongolia to the corporation.
11. The Pavilion of Kazakhstan at the Expo will become a site for the activities of the entrepreneurs of the IT industry and will serve as a science park or Silicon Valley.
12. According to the theme of, the Kazakh government will set up an institution called "International Energy Future Center" at the previous place of the EXPO to play the role of a Silicon Valley Science and Technology Park.
It is notable that, according to the "OIL & GAS 360" news that was release on 26th September 2017; the 12th edition of the "Future Energy" conference was held during the Astana Expo. There were over 500 speakers that many of them were the major experts in the field of new and recyclable energies; the solutions and suggestions for using these energies and preventing the global warming were presented at the last conference that was held with 3000 attendees on 4th till 5th September which its awareness requires the reception of the documents and reports of the conferences through the Ministry of Energy, the foreign affairs and other relevant organizations.